Precise & Reliable Specific Gravity Readings in any Lighting Conditions!
Refractometers are a must-have piece of equipment for any aquarists! Easily and accurately measure the salinity of your tank and with the built-in LED light, your readings will be consistent no matter the type of ambient light source. Each LED Refractometer has ATC (automatic temperature compensation) abilities and will adjust the reading, depending on your water temperature. Just add a small sample of water to the prism, close the cover, and view the reading through the focusable eye-piece. The LED light can be activated by pressing the waterproof button on the top of the prism cover.
- Precise and consistent
- Simple calibration
- Readings in seconds
- Durable and reliable
- Includes FREE calibration solution
Refractometers are one of the best pieces of equipment an aquarist can purchase. It not only ensures accurate measurements of salinity but it is also infinitely easier to use and read.
Range: 1.000 – 1.070 SG
Refractometer Calibration Instructions:
1) Using the dropper place a few drops of the included calibration solution on the prism and close the lid.
2) Looking through the eyepiece, activate the light and turn the eyepiece until the prism is in focus.
3) Screw until the unit reads sg 1.026 (35ppt)
4) Place the cap back on your calibration solution for storage. It is important that the cap is on tight or water will evaporate and ruin the solution.
Note: It is best to calibrate refractometers to the exact specific gravity you will desire. With reef tanks we highly suggest using the included calibration solution to calibrate the refractometer to 1.026 (35ppt). Do not calibrate using RO/DI water as this will not give accurate readings for saltwater aquariums.
- Carrying Case
- Screw Driver for calibrating
- Adjustable eyepiece
- LED Prism Cover
- Salinity Calibration Fluid. Calibrates to 1.026sg (35ppt)